Lace Front Wig Review
When dark hair is knotted to the lace base of a lace wig the knot of the darker strands of hair creates a noticeable dark dot that can look unnatural when viewed close up. For many years the solution was bleaching the knots to a lighter color so that they appear less visible.
Bleaching knots can and has been an effective way to improve the appearance and detectability of the knots along the hairline, however there are some draw backs to this bleaching process. The more bleaching that takes place, the weaker the knots will be. Weaker knots can break and come unraveled meaning the hair will eventually begin to shed.
Another draw back to bleaching the knots is the fact that the knots may not ever totally disappear. It doesn’t mean dark hair colors can’t be bleached at all; it just means they’ll never look quite as nice or colorless as with lighter hair colors.Kamo Knots
The Solution:- Kamo Knots
Kamo Knot are a revolutionary new way to camouflage the knots for a realistic hairline without the use of harsh bleach. The knots are camouflaged by dyeing the root of the hair with a light color dye, (usually color #4 or lighter), before they are hand tied to the lace. This surpasses the ”bleached knots” effect, without the use of bleach, which can lead to excessive shedding.
The light color roots significantly decreases the visibility of the knots, as they blend in with the lace. With the knots camouflaged, the hair truly looks like it is growing out of your scalp. The knots are barely detectable by the human eye.
Introducing the Ombre hair color trend! Its been spotted on plenty of A-list Celebrities including Ciara, Nikki Manaj, Jennifer Hudson & Naomi Campbell. The French-termed trend features darker, more natural hues at the roots which gradually lightens at the ends. Now you can get the same look in literally minutes on Lace Wigs & U-part wigs without having to dye your own hair.
When looking for an Ombre Lace Wig or an Ombre U-Part Wig on line, it may be difficult to find the right color combination you are looking for in stock so it may be necessary to order a custom made lace wig. Most Lace Wig websites do offer an option to customize color, length and style.
Choosing the right colors
A person can choose 1-3 colors to shade for the “Ombre” effect. It is important that you select colors that compliment your skin tone as well as wardrobe choices.
- For chocolate beauties: deep reds, auburn, coppers, and cool ash make for beautiful choices.
- For the caramel-coated lovely: rich browns, coppers, honey blonds possibly even violets (depending on career)
- For the fair maiden: ash tones, subdued blondes, golden caramel tones will add warmth to olive skin.
Celebrities have adopted Clip In Bangs as the newest ‘must have’ for hair. Clip on bangs are a great way to try a new hairstyle without committing to cutting your own hair. Cutting bangs can be a big commitment because hair takes a while to grow out you may be stuck with bangs for many months. They are easy to use and hassel free, just bend the clip to snap open and shut.
Clip in bangs are not only fast and easy to apply but they require very little maintenance. Most clip in bangs on the market are made with heat resistant synthetic fiber. This is a great option for a woman on budget who wants to try a new look without a large financial commitment. Remy or Human hair clip in bangs are also available on the market for a woman who wants to invest a little more money in something that will look more natural and also last longer.
Clip in Bangs for Black Women
For a while it was difficult for find clip in bangs that are geared towards African American women online until recently. Now it is common to find Yaki Textured Clip in Bangs that will blend naturally with ethnic relaxed hair.
U-Part Lace Wigs:
are revolutionary new way to get the look of a “sew in” at a fraction of the time and cost. For those who are not familiar with this type of wig, a U-part wig is simply a modified half or 3/4 wig that is created with a “U” Shape cut out on the crown allowing the wearer to leave out a small section of their own hair through the semi-circular U-Shaped opening . The opening allows you to use your own hair to create a natural looking part. Many say u-part wigs are a cross between a weave & a wig where you get the best of both worlds.
U-part Lace Wigs come with combs and adjustable straps for secure fit. This allows for an easy and fast application.
U-part Wig Application
Benefits of a U-part Lace Wig
The most natural looking part and hairline -Your Own! (leave a portion of your own hair out)
Quick & Easy 1 Minute Application
Professional Weave Style Look at a fraction of the time & cost
No Adhesive or Sew In necessary
Secure fit with combs at the part & temples plus adjustable straps
Hand Tied lace front area for a flatter look (no lumps and bumps)
Micro-thin wefts for a smooth and lightweight feel
U-part Lace Wig Cap Construction
U-part wigs are known for their convenience and versatility. U-part wigs are perfect for women looking for a commitment free alternative to traditional weave.
These wigs require minimal leave out, can act as a protective style, and can easily be put in and taken out at will.
Most African American women will purchase Yaki and Kinki textured u-part wigs that matches the texture of their own hair.
Many of us love wearing lace wigs, however how does wearing lace wigs on a regular basis affect our hairline and edges? I have been wearing lace wigs for some time now and have found that lace wigs can thin your hairline if proper care is not taken. Below are a few things you can do to keep your hairline intact.
1. Take care during application: When applying the lace wig, make sure you are not placing the glue too close to your hair line. Doing so can cause hair thinning along the hairline when used without care. If you are using tape, cut the wide tape strips into thinner strips so that the tapes is as far away as possible from your hair line. The one thing I will stress is that the longer you want to keep your wig on without reapplying, the greater the risk for damage to your hairline. I really do not recommend applications longer than 2weeks at a time. So, that’s bad news for those of you who want 4weeks plus of hold.
2. Proper Removal: A rushed removal process can cause the hair to be pulled out when you remove your wig. Use an oil based adhesive remover such as the C-22 Solvent. Spray across the hairline and leave it on for 10 minutes or more to allow the solvent to soften the adhesive. Gently remove without pulling.
3. Wear Glueless Lace wigs: Now you can buy full lace wigs that have adjustable straps and combs allowing you to wear the your lace wig without adhesive or tape. For those of you with already thin hairlines, Glueless Full lace Wigs are a better alternitive.
4. Give your hairline a break: From time to time i give my hairline a break and hang up my lace wigs for a couple of months. Summer time is a good time to take a lace wig break. As you we all know, lace wigs do tend to get hot and uncomfortable during the hot summer months. Purchase some Remy Weaving hair and try a new look. This will give your hairline some time to breathe and grow thicker.
With proper use, careful application and removal, and reasonable application periods, you can maintain a healthy hairline and wear a full lace wig.
Pros: This is the liquid adhesive that everyone raves about (and for good reason). This item is also used in the medical industry. This adhesive has a waterproof, non-yellowing acrylic formula base; and is medical grade. It has a 4-6 week hold. Most of the other adhesives are for 10-14 days. If you are interested in rue extended wear, this is the product for you. This product is a thicker liquid than most other adhesives so it is important to allow proper drying time. We insist on following the manufacturer’s directions with this which is 5-10 minutes. This adhesive removes easily with Lace Release, C-22 or Rapid Release.
Shedding on a lace wig is to be expected due to the fact that the hair is hand tied by a single knot (sometimes a double knot) to the lace material. Excessive shedding can cause thinning of the hair and bald patches on your unit. To minimize these effects it is very important that proper care be taken at home during combing, styling and everyday use. Below are things to avoid.
Causes for Shedding Balding/Thinning
1. Combing your lace wig while it is still wet after washing and conditioning
2. Roughness while combing and washing/handing your lace wig
3. Using very oily or greasy haircare products on your unit
4. Not thoroughly removing adhesives from your unit prior to washing
5. Using hot or very warm water when washing your unit
6. Combing your wig from root to tip instead of from tip to root.
Below are a few maintenance techniques which will help prevent excessive hair shedding.
1. Use Knot Sealer- Knot Sealer is a product that comes in small spray bottle that is used to seal the knots on your lace wig. Turn the wig inside out, spray on the mesh or lace and allow it to completely dry before wearing it. It is also important that you Reseal the knots after every wash. Wait for your unit to completely dry before spraying Knots Sealer. Knot Sealer is available in the “Accessories” section of our website.
2. Do Not Scratch your scalp through your lace wig as this will cause shedding. Instead, pat your head with your hand or remove your unit and treat your scalp with anti-itch shampoo and then moisturize your scalp.
3. Use a wide tooth comb or wig brush (cushion brush). Comb from the tip up while holding the hair above so that you will avoid pulling at the knots.
4. Never comb your lace wig while wet. Prior to washing the hair make sure you comb it out thoroughly.
5. Avoid using care products with high Alcohol content i.e Spritz, Hair Spray, Shampoos etc. These products can damage the hair causing breakage and/or shedding.
6. You must thoroughly remove glue residue from our wig. Letting adhesives build up on your unit will cause shedding
7. Do not Blow Dry or Sit under a dryer with heat. We highly recommend letting your unit air dry after washing. If you must brow dry, make sure it is on a cool
8. When sleeping in your unit it is best to braid up your hair so it does not tangle while you sleep. You should gently comb your unit out each night prior to wrapping it up in the scarf. Also it is very important that you wrap a silk or satin scarf or bonnet around your head, this will help to prevent friction which will cause breakage and/or shedding.
You want to know what you are getting. Also avoid scams from sellers who use images of wigs that do not belong to them. Be sure you do your research before purchasing. There are many fly by night lace wig websites popping up everyday, so make sure the company is professional and legitimate.
It’s a common misconception in the world of fashion and beauty that you have to pay top dollar in order to get a quality product and look your best, which certainly isn’t the case. While buying makeup from a secondhand shop or choosing your wardrobe from sidewalk sales at antique stores won’t score you any fashion points, you don’t need to go to these extremes to save money. The key is to seek out quality products at discount prices.
Take cheap lace wigs for instance. Although these wigs may be cheap, they’re still constructed with real Remy hair and quality materials. The price is low because of an economical design that requires less lace, not because the manufacturer skimped on the materials or production. Remember: quality and affordability aren’t mutually exclusive.
Lace front wigs are ideal for women on a budget in need of a stylish and affordable wig. Because lace is only on the front of the cap, these wigs cost much less to manufacture than their full lace counterparts. This allows the makers to use premium Indian Remy hair and other quality materials while still keeping the price low.
If you’re worried about your front lace wig fitting properly, don’t be; the cap often comes with adjustable straps to help you achieve a custom fit. And with their amazing design, most of these wigs can be worn with or without adhesives. The lace typically ranges between 1.5 and 3.5 inches in length. The only downside is that since the lace is only in the front of the wig, your styling and parting options are somewhat limited.